Fast food! It seems like you used to eat it twice a week when you were a kid. Now, it could almost be re-classified as road-trip fare. Nevertheless, it remains one of the cornerstones (and lighting rods) of American cuisine.
For my Top 5 list, I must define fast food as a place where you can order a complete meal at a counter and take your meal to go or sit on a plastic chair to eat it. It has to be a chain. Drive-thru service must be available. No table service (sorry Waffle House!). It must be a complete meal (sorry Krispy Kreme!). Anyway, the best fast food establishments in the United States:
- Shake Shack (yes…fast food!)
- In ‘n Out (Double Double)
- Taco Bell (Taco Supreme/CrunchWrap Supreme)
- Jack in the Box (Grilled Sourdough Burger, Super Taco)
- Popeyes (Spicy Fried Chicken)