Some weekends you roll out of bed and crave all the food groups tucked into a roll with plenty of grease and fountain cokes to wash it back.
Hence, I would consider myself an expert on this topic in the suburban hamlet of Greenwich, CT. It is amazing that one can find some of the best greasy breakfast sandwiches at a variety of places in or near Greenwich.
Here’s my Top Five:
1. The Farmyard: split grilled hot dog, chili, fried egg, hashbrown patty, American cheese, Joey B’s, Cos Cob
2. The Hacksaw with Bacon (bacon, egg, cheese, hashbrown patty, chili), Joey B’s, Cos Cob
3. La Torta Deliciosa (fried skirt steak, hot dogs, chicken tinga, black bean spread, cheese, lettuce, tomato), El Charrito
4. The Hotsie (bacon, egg, cheese, chili, potatoes), Garden Catering, Old Greenwich
5. 4 Hot Dogs with House Mustard, Walter’s, Mamaroneck
I recently hit Cos Corbo’s deli in Cos Cob. I went with the #28 Brologna. Fried bologna, fried onions, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo on white bread. It might have made the Top 5 if they had fried the bologna a little better (both sides) and removed all of the plastic casing.
So many more places to try!!! I must include something with a Scarpelli’s sausage patty…still looking for that to crack the Top 5!